The good folks from NokiaAtWork have put a Lumia 920 in my hands for this month. I unwrapped it last night, and had my contacts, calendars and email set up in a couple of minutes. The Windows Phone 8 interface is refreshingly different (more on that in another post) – it’s very clear and easy to use.
Day one has been interesting! A good portion of the day was spent stuck on delayed trains, first in to London, and then out of London. During the day…
On the Nokia Lumia 920 I:
- Paid for my parking for the day
- Found out why my train was late.
- Re-arranged two meetings, while on the train.
- Replied to a dozen or so emails.
- Got an address I forgot to look up.
- Touched base with some good friends.
- Replanned two train journeys.
- Took several photos.
- Located a coffee shop.
- Made an eBay purchase.
- Skyped with Caalie at the office.
- Checked in on FourSquare more times than is healthy ;).
- Followed the Twitter stream for two events.
- Documented a system redesign
- Caught up with the days’ news.
- Found a petrol station.
On My Macbook Pro I.:
- Showed someone three web pages.
- Carried it around like a dead weight.
Oh, and I wrote and submitted this post… Via the phone too…I might not take my laptop in to London again this month. The future of work seems to be mobile :)